Family Self-Sufficiency Program
The Family Self-Sufficiency Program is a voluntary program established by HUD to promote economic self-sufficiency among RHA participating families. Family Self-Sufficiency Specialists assist each participant in developing a Service Plan that outlines their goals for the next five years. Emphasis is on full time employment, credit readiness, and independence from public assistance.
While participants work toward their goals; if their rent increases due to earned income the additional rent paid is set-aside in an escrow account. This account may be accessed upon completion of their individual FSS Plan to pursue a business venture, education, or homeownership.
Please Contact us:
- If you are a Public Housing resident interested in the FSS Program:
- If you are interested in Home Buying Classes, information on credit, mortgages, home inspection, and insurance.
- If you are Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) holder. You may be eligible to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program.
- Our FFS Specialists:
- Elias Soria: (815) 489-8579
- Laura Martinez: (815) 489-8711
FAMILY SELF-SUFFICIENCY OPEN HOUSE & ENROLLMENT
WHEN: September 26th, 2019
WHERE: 330 15th Ave. Rockford, IL 61104
TIME: 2:00 PM
Join us to discuss the Family Self-Sufficiency Program! The waiting list is open for new families to enroll.
For those who are already enrolled:
- Discuss your service plan
- Talk to your FSS Case Specialist
- Information on upcoming workshops
Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Raffle will be held.
Contact for more information:
- Elias Soria 815-489-8579
- Laura Martinez 815-489-8711